Due to the current situation with COVID-19. We are delivering CCTV course virtually via remote delivery.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a security officer. It is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications and is supported by Skills for Security, the standards setting body for the security industry and the SIA, which regulates the private security industry.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake approximately 28 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 18.5 contact hours if supported distance learning is undertaken over a minimum of 3 training days.
These include the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry, the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements, the role of a security officer within the private security industry, the law relevant to the role of a security officer, how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations and good practice to follow after conflict situations.
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice tests.
What are the eligibility requirements, and what will I need to do this learning?
- Be 18 years of age
- Be able to communicate clearly in English (this will be assessed at point of registration)
- Correct ID – Passport, Driving Licence for example
- Access to an email account, which must be accessed during training
- Access to a photo picture app
- Access to a signature app
- The ability to scan documents and send via email
- The ability to complete documents and send via email
- A quiet secured setting with no interruptions
- Access to a laptop/desktop with a camera
- Access to a smart phone
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Ability to access the ‘Zoom’ Platform (online) (you can create an account for free), from 0830hrs – 1615hrs each day (the course will run over 5 days)
Leaners can book a place on this course by emailing email@example.com