The Highfield Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Scotland) at SCQF Level 6 is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). This qualification is supported by the Security Industry Authority (SIA), which regulate the private security industry.
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed for learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications. On completion of this course, you will be able to apply for the relevant SIA Door Supervisors licence, which will allow you to work in the following areas (plus many more);
Events that are licenced to sell alcohol
Retail and shopping centres
And all other non-alcohol related premises
To register for this qualification, learners must be aged 18 and over.
Learners will need to show that they hold a current and valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate* that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Learners should present their First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate to their training provider before they start training. This certificate must be valid for at least 12 months from the course start date. Please note if you require this qualification, we can also offer you this – please let us know this when booking your course.
This course is delivered predominantly at distance, with just one day face to face to face. The majority can be taken from the comfort of your own home.
The course will take place over 6 days, with some self-study before the course begins. The course is delivered through a fully blended learning approach, utilising our three training channels including face to face (in the classroom), the GTS virtual platform (learner can be in the comfort of their own home), and finally self-study/online learning.
Day 1; GTS Training Centre (9 am – 6 pm) FACE TO FACE TRAINING
Day 2; GTS Virtual Classroom
Day 3; GTS Virtual Classroom
Day 4; GTS Virtual Classroom
Day 5; GTS Virtual Classroom + Multiple Choice examinations
Day 6; GTS Training Centre (9 am – 6 pm) FACE TO FACE TRAINING
What are the eligibility requirements, and what will I need to do this learning?
- A valid Emergency First aid at Work (or equivalent) qualification. Please let us know if you also require this
- Be 18 years of age
- Be able to communicate clearly in English – you will have to provide evidence of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills (this will be done at the point of registration)
- Correct ID – Passport, Driving Licence etc.
- Access to an email account, which must be accessed during training
- Access to a photo picture app
- Access to a signature app
- The ability to scan documents and send via email
- The ability to complete documents and send via email
- A quiet secured setting with no interruptions
- Access to a laptop/desktop with a camera
- Access to a smartphone
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Ability to access the ‘Zoom’ Platform (online) (you can create an account for free), from 0830hrs – 1730hrs each day