The Highfield Award for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the Private Security Industry (Scotland) at SCQF Level 6 is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). This qualification is supported by the Security Industry Authority (SIA), which regulates the private security industry.
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed for learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a CCTV operator and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to apply for the relevant SIA CCTV Operators licence, which will allow you to work in the following areas (plus many more);
Public space CCTV control rooms
This course is delivered predominantly at distance, with just one day face to face to face. The majority can be taken from the comfort of your own home.
The course will take place over 3 days, with some self-study before the course begins. The course is delivered through a fully blended learning approach, utilising our three training channels including face to face (in the classroom), the GTS virtual platform (learners can be in the comfort of their own home), and finally, self-study/online learning. Schedule as follows;
Day 1; GTS Virtual classroom
Day 2; GTS Virtual Classroom
Day 3; GTS training centre + Multiple choice examinations FACE TO FACE TRAINING
What are the eligibility requirements, and what will I need to do this learning?
- Be 18 years of age
- Be able to communicate clearly in English – you will have to provide evidence of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills (this will be done at the point of registration)
- Correct ID – Passport, Driving Licence etc.
- Access to an email account, which must be accessed during training
- Access to a photo picture app
- Access to a signature app
- The ability to scan documents and send via email
- The ability to complete documents and send via email
- A quiet secured setting with no interruptions
- Access to a laptop/desktop with a camera
- Access to a smartphone
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Ability to access the ‘Zoom’ Platform (online) (you can create an account for free), from 0830hrs – 1730hrs each day
- Ability to download apps and operate a remote CCTV system – the tutor will explain this, but you must be able to download apps and have a laptop/desktop)
Private group books can be arranged at a set fee. Contact credit control for more information.