The Highfield Level, 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF), has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and Local Authorities. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
• Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
• Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching. The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace and prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level. The Education and Training Foundation supports the qualification. There are three mandatory units including;
1. Understanding Roles, Responsibilities, and Relationships in Education and Training
2. Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
3. Understanding Assessment in Education and Training There is also a requirement to complete a MICROTEACH. What are the eligibility requirements, and what will I need to do this learning?
• Be able to communicate clearly in English – you will have to provide evidence of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills (this will be done at the point of registration)
• Correct ID – Passport, Driving Licence etc.
• Access to an email account, which must be accessed during training • The ability to scan documents and send via email
• The ability to complete documents and send via email (YOU MUST HAVE MICROSOFT WORD AND ADOBE)
• A quiet, secure setting with no interruptions
• Access to a laptop/desktop with a camera
• Access to a smartphone
• Access to Wi-Fi
• Ability to access the ‘Zoom’ Platform (online) (you can create an account for free) •